Frequently Asked Questions
View all FAQs       View LDR FAQs
Your Frequently Asked Question
Q)  I do not intend to generate or ship waste any longer, how do I close my account?
A)  If you no longer produce, collect, handle or store any liquid industrial or hazardous waste at this location, it is your responsibility as the HWIN Administrator to inform the Ministry by submitting your site for closure as a waste generator.

To close your generator registration on-line:

1. Log in to your generator registration at www.hwin.ca with your user name and password.
2. Pay any outstanding fees (if applicable).
3. From the “Administration” dropdown menu at the top, choose “Generator Registration Closure Request.”
4. Complete the questionnaire for site closure and submit the information.

You can also fax or mail us with the following required information on company letterhead:

1. Generator registration number
2. Site address
3. Reason for closure plus explanation that all waste has been removed from site
4. Effective date of closure
5. Name, title and signature of a HWIN administrator listed on the registration

Our fax number is 416-235-5818, and our mailing address is:

Ministry of the Environment, Conservation and Parks
Environmental Monitoring and Reporting Branch, Area “M”
135 St. Clair Avenue West
Toronto ON M4V 1P5

If you have outstanding fees, you can pay online using a credit card (Visa or MasterCard), Interac Debit, or you can send a cheque or money order payable to the Minister of Finance for the balance owing. Site closure can only be completed when all waste is removed from your site and all tonnage fees and manifest transactions are completed and paid for.


Click here to go back to the Menu
Privacy | Accessibility
© Queen's Printer for Ontario, 2002-2018
Version Number: 4.3.4