FAQ's by Keyword
Frequently Asked Questions
Type your question:
View all FAQs
View LDR FAQs
Your Frequently Asked Question
Inactive Request Process
Inactive requests can be submitted when a waste generation site will not be generating, storing, or shipping subject wastes in the current registration year. This request must be re-submitted annually to continue Inactive Status when subject waste generation, storage or shipping continues to be temporarily halted. If your waste generation site will not be generating, storing, or shipping wastes for the foreseeable future, you may wish to submit a Request for Registration Closure instead.
1. Before submitting the request, ensure that no subject wastes remain on site and that all waste generation has temporarily halted for the current registration year.
2. Log in and ensure that all manifests are listed in the account.
3. Pay all outstanding fees. Inactive requests can only be completed when all fees are paid.
4. Select “Inactive Generator Registration Request” from the administration drop-down menu
5. Complete the questionnaire, accept the certification statement, and submit.
6. Await email confirmation or rejection of Inactive Request. Processing may take four (4) weeks to allow for file review, or longer if additional information is required.
© Queen's Printer for Ontario, 2002-2018
Version Number: 4.3.4